We’re Poochon Scientific LLC, a leader in protein mass spectrometry and DNA sequencing services. Our Sanger DNA Sequencing Services utilize state-of-the art DNA analyzer 3730XL and techniques for our client to generate reliable and high-quality data supporting their discoveries in life science and biomedical research.
We are seeking a Lab Technician to join our DNA Sequencing and Mass Spectrometry team.
– Washing DNA sequencing reaction plates
– Operating 3730xl DNA analyzer
– Learns and follows the established standard operating procedures for samples handling and processing, test analysis, record-keeping, and reporting of results to team leads and supervisor.
– Adheres to quality control policies. Detects when test performance is not within acceptable levels, take authorized corrective action, and notifies key individuals
– Able to document that proficiency testing is performed in the same manner as patient testing
– Meets or exceeds target workload with high accuracy
– Other related duties as assigned
– Associate degree or above in medical technology, or related life science is preferred
– 1+ year of relevant work experience in molecular technology if degree is not in medical technology, or comparable skills and knowledge
– Professional verbal and written communication skills
Salary: Starting at $42,000/ year
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $42,000.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Lab: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person